Anderson Engineering, Inc., is a comprehensive consulting firm offering civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, land surveying, geographical information system (GIS) services, construction materials testing and drilling services. The team of professional staff is made up of approximately 100 team members located in seven offices throughout Missouri and one in Florida. Anderson Engineering is an employee owned company, that prides themselves on being the best place to work and the best place to work with. A mid-sized company with a small, family feel that is grounded in history, hard work and service excellence. Anderson Engineering has grown immensely in the last five years from three to eight offices, with plans to expand currently in the works. Become a part of the family, and apply today!
Anderson Engineering has an immediate opening for a Construction Inspector with experience in inspections of routine construction items for conformance to plans, specifications, special provisions and terms of the contract.
Responsibilities may include:
• Coordinates and performs construction inspections verifying that contractors' activities are in compliance with contracts, specifications and engineering principles.
• Performs duties of inspector in charge of routine construction items such as asphaltic or portland cement concrete plants, asphaltic or concrete paving, including grading and base, small bridges, concrete box and pipe culverts; inspects general or special items, such as utility construction and adjustments, signing, traffic signals and lighting.
• Performs measurements, computations or other work in preparing change orders, contractor payment estimates and other related documentation.
• Maintains required construction documentation, prepares progress reports and keeps supervisor fully informed as to activities or unusual conditions on the job.
• Provides field checks for contractor surveying operations, and assists survey field crew with layout and staking of construction items.
• Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned. Applicant must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment, be self-motivated and customer service oriented. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills is a necessity.
• B.S. in Civil Engineering or Geological Engineering preferred but not required
• 3+ years inspection experience
Offices with position opening:
• Kansas City, MO
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to all employees, along with a work environment that encourages growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. A few of the major benefits offered are:
• Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Long Term Disability
• Life Insurance
• Wellness Program
• Compass Health Pro
Partially Funded by AE:
• 401K Plan
• Short Term Disability
• Family Life Insurance Plans
It is the policy of Anderson Engineering to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program.