Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialist
GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GIS) SPECIALIST
Anderson Engineering, Inc. is a comprehensive consulting firm which offers civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, land surveying, geographic information system (GIS), and other services. Our team is made up of approximately 150 employee owners located in ten offices throughout Missouri, Florida, and Arkansas. Anderson Engineering is a company which takes pride in being 100% employee owned. Anderson is a mid-sized company with a small, family feel that is dedicated to hard work and excellence in service. Anderson Engineering has grown immensely in the last five years and plans to expand more in the coming years. Become a part of our family, and apply today!
Anderson Engineering has an immediate opening for a motivated, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented individual to join our staff as a GIS Specialist. This position will provide both geographic and non-geographic data management incorporating GIS methodology along with team leadership, and organizational skills to help build Anderson Engineering’s growing GIS department.
Office with Position Opening:
Kansas City, MO
- Develop and maintain Geodatabases, datasets, feature classes and attributes for a variety of Geographic data.
- Design and integrate necessary geodatabase domains and feature class subtypes.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, with a commitment to keeping projects on time and within budget.
- Compile, manipulate, refine, and integrate geographic data from a variety of sources including public domain data warehouses, field observations, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, remote sensing and existing geographical data.
- Understanding of the methods to extract and integrate data into GIS from multiple formats, including but not limited to: CAD, KMZ / KML, Excel, DBF, Access, TXT and XYZ data.
- Understand and utilize geodatabase topology to maintain quality GIS data.
- Produce detailed, high quality cartographic map products (digital and hardcopy) and relevant reports in accordance with company standards and methodologies, and client needs.
- Assist in performing research into emerging and open-source GIS technology.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control for active GIS projects.
- Coordinate and prepare data for field work and data collection.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of GIS practices and methodology.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changes in priority.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to think outside the box providing innovative solutions using GIS and other new technologies.
- Proficient in in MS Office Professional; Especially Excel and Access.
- Proficient in ArcGIS software and extensions; Especially ArcGIS Desktop Standard, ArcGIS Pro, Spatial Analyst and Network Analyst.
- Ability to discover and embrace new technology to streamline existing workflows and processes.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to train end users and develop training materials for internal and external clients
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent coursework from an accredited school in Geography, GIS, Environmental Science, Computer Science or related field.
Five years’ experience working with GIS. Experience using ESRI Desktop software and extensions. Experience in various Geographic and Spatial methodologies. Project management or team leadership experience is a plus.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to all employees, along with a work environment that encourages growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. A few of the major benefits offered are:
Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Long Term Disability
Compass Health Pro
Partially Funded by AE:
Short Term Disability
Family Life Insurance Plans
It is the policy of Anderson Engineering to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program.