Project Manager — Structural Engineer
Project Manager — Structural Engineer
Anderson Engineering, Inc., is a comprehensive consulting firm offering civil, structural and geotechnical engineering, land surveying, geographic information system (GIS) services, construction materials testing, drilling and commercial drone services and landscape architecture. The team of professional staff is made up of approximately 120 team members located in ten offices throughout Missouri, Florida and Arkansas. Anderson Engineering is an employee owned company, that prides themselves on being the best place to work and the best place to work with. A mid-sized company with a small, family feel that is grounded in history, hard work and service excellence. Anderson Engineering has grown immensely in the last five years from three to ten offices, with plans to expand currently in the works. Become a part of the family, and apply today!
Anderson Engineering has an immediate opening for a Structural Engineer with experience in building and structure analysis and design. Position requires experience with AutoCAD Revit and RISA software. Experience with reinforced concrete, light gauge load bearing design, and industrial projects is a plus.
Applicant must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment, be self-motivated and customer service oriented. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills is a necessity.
Office with Posistion Opening:
- Columbia, MO
Responsibilites may include:
- Business Development and marketing of professional services to existing and potential clients
- Create and monitor project scope, design schedules, design budget, and design contracts
- Provide leadership for the team, including financial management, customer service and client management
- Provide input to department heads in regards to staff recruitment, mentoring and training, performance issues, staff appraisals, compensation and staff reductions
- Teach and organize applicable staff on proper ways to treat and build strong, long-term relations with clients
- Promote and mentor good communication skills including prompt return of phone calls, emails, etc.
- Implement corporate/division standards and processes while enforcing quality control requirements as set forth by the company/department/division
- Assess projects to reduce and actively manage risks while assuring that the required risk management practices are in place
- Monitor each team member’s performance, establish goals and assist each team member in accomplishing those goals
- Understand how technology is used within the company, communicate your office’s technology needs and expectations to the CEO and train staff in company technology when needed
- B.S. in Civil Engineering; M.S. degree with Structural Specialty is a plus
- Active P.E. License; S.E. License is a plus
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the design and construction industry
- A high level of comfort with business development activities
- A high degree of skill in managing multiple objectives, clients, contractors, third parties and internal team members
- Knowledge and skill in determining project requirements, setting the project scope of work, determining design and construction budgets
- Applicant must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment, be self-motivated and customer service oriented
- Meet and understand critical deadlines through efficient time management and effective communication
A comprehensive benefits package is offered to all employees, along with a work environment that encourages growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. A few of the major benefits offered are:
Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Long Term Disability
Compass Health Pro
Partially Funded by AE:
Short Term Disability
Family Life Insurance Plans
It is the policy of Anderson Engineering to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, sex, national origin or any other categorization protected by law, and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program.